[mrtg] Re: Graph for a specified time period

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 23 04:01:36 MET 2004

>Last month I was unable to take this graph, due to a cron
>problem. Is there anyway I can roll back, or have the graph
>displayed/generated as it would have look at 11:59PM 31/12/2003?
Not unless you have archived a copy of the .rrd file on that time.  The
nature of the .rrd file is to expire the old data as it goes, so unless you
have a nightly backup that saved a copy of the file, its gone.

If you do have a copy of the .rrd from around this date, then you should be
able to create a graph from it, although you will have to tell the graph
generator to base the graph at 'last update' time rather than 'now'.

Your current graph should have most of the data from this date, only the
last 20-odd days would have dropped off of the end.

If you are using the routers.cgi frontend with the rrd-archive add-on then
you will be able to pull back the graphs for any day. (I do seem to be
plugging this rather frequently recently :)

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes