[mrtg] Re: determining bandwidth for multiple sites on shared server

Takumi Yamane yamtak at b-session.com
Wed Jan 28 22:31:22 MET 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:23:07 -0500, Ed Grant wrote
in <30F579C44E1598429167C5E20E307BA1D387BC at atlmsg01.raremedium.net>:

> I was wondering if anyone knew if MRTG could determine bandwidth
> usage for any given number of sites being served up from a shared
> server, by say using the www instance maybe?
> Has anyone run across this situation before and know if MRTG can be
> used like this? (or know of an app that can?)

I don't know how to do it with MRTG but a log analyzer would satisfy
your needs although it is not exactly what you want.

Links to a few of them:
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/
http://www.analog.cx/

I'm currently running awstats on virtual web servers.

--
Takumi Yamane <yamtak at b-session.com>