[mrtg] Slightly OT - New (free!) SNMP Informant agent announcement!

Garth K. Williams garth.williams at wtcs.org
Tue Jul 6 09:15:21 MEST 2004

Hello groupies.  Pardon the intrusion!

I wanted to let you all know that WTCS has released a new (100% free!)
Windows 2000/XP/2003 SNMP agent called "SNMP Informat-MBM".

This product allows you to collect Motherboard Monitor
(http://mbm.livewiredev.com) statistics using SNMP!  How great is that?
These stats include CPU and chassis fan speeds, temperature and core
voltages amongst others!  Different motherboard models support different
sensors!

Assuming you have the SNMP service installed, all you have to do is install
MBM, then SNMP Informant-MBM!  After that, load the MIBS (both SMIv1 and
SMIv2 MIBS are included with Informant-MBM) on your management station
(read: MRTG), and away you go!

Over 1100 motherboards across 85 brands are supported, so if you (like me)
are a stat-o-holic, then you NEED SNMP Informant-MBM!  I mean, what could be
better than MORE tasty graphs?  Yum!  Dee-Lish!

OK, so management will REALLY want to know how fast a servers' chassis fan
is spinning, won't they?  Well, YOU might, so head to the SNMP Informant web
site (www.snmp-informant.com) today, download the agent and try it for
yourself!

Please send me your feedback on the SNMP Informant web forums (link through
the Support page on the web site!).

Yes, it has been tested, but it's free, so be gentle!

Thank you and have a nice week!

Garth

---
Outgoing mail is determined to be Virus Free.