[mrtg] 1 Graph 400Kb loss

Steve.Gingolaski at tevausa.com Steve.Gingolaski at tevausa.com
Tue Jul 13 23:44:09 MEST 2004

Greetings All -

I have 15 Cisco 2610XM routers being graphed by MRTG.  Absolutely love it.

All the routers contain the exact same configuration (hardware/software).

The problem is that 1 out of 15 routers has a serial0/0 interface that
seems to report 400Kb of data less then it should.

If the FA0/0 interface reports 1.2 Mb of incoming data, the serial0/0
interface reports only 800 Kb of outgoing data.  There is nowhere else for
this data to go.  These are stub networks with 1 FA and 1 Serial
interface.

Also, when I check the far end of the circuit, the far end S0/0 reports
the correct amount of incoming data (1.2 Mb)

I checked the routermrtg.cfg file I created and all the stats (IF speed,
bandwidth, etc) are exactly the same.  I checked all the stats on the
router and compared it against the others and it also is exactly the same.

I also deleted the associated .rrd files and .png files and had them
rebuilt from scratch and it still shows a 400Kb loss of data.

Please help me.

Thanks,

sg