[mrtg] Re: MRTG not using subdirs

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Wed Jul 21 17:20:23 MEST 2004

Britt Tabor wrote:

> I checked my .cfg file and the individual interfaces do NOT have the
> Directory[] entry. But at the top of the file it shows the line that was
> used to create the file and --subdirs=HOSTNAME is there. And like I
> mentioned the folders get created. Can I add a line in the global section
> "Directory: /var/www/mrtg/$targat_name" ???

Ah, it must be in your host.template then.  In my templates there is a
check to see if --subdirs is used, and if so, created the line
Directory[blah]: for each interface.

Here's the section from my template:

if ($directory_name) {
   $target_lines .= "Directory[$target_name]: $directory_name\n";
}

That's stuck in after the Target line is created.

HTH,

Eric Brander