[mrtg] Re: MRTG not using subdirs

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Wed Jul 21 20:20:22 MEST 2004

[Posted to both the MRTG list and RRD-Users list]

I've made a mistake in my config file in monitoring some devices. It
turns out I've reversed the in and out OIDs on the target line so what's
labeled as input is actually output and what's labeled as output is
actually input.

I could simply change my legend to reflect the correct direction but I
would prefer to keep the in/out consistent with other devices I'm
monitoring.

I could just start over, or make the change and have it be "correct"
from this point forward, but I'd really like the historical data to be
accurate as well (6-months worth).

Do you know of an easy way, or perhaps of a script, that could modify an
RRD and exactly swap the in and out data positions?  I don't even know
how to spell XML so manually modifying an RRD export for each interface
is out of the question. :(

You suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

Eric Brander