[mrtg] Re: Assistance needed

Bigelow, Andrea L. BigelowA at SEC.GOV
Tue Jun 1 17:25:21 MEST 2004

> Help.  I get the following error every time I attempt to make
> a default config file.  I have installed Perl v5.6 since I
> was informed of an error with Perl v5.8 I have also installed
> MRTG 2.10.13 and checked that it was not due to firewall
> issues (OS Win 2K).  We are running SNMPV2 but don't know how
> to go about changing the cfg file command to indicate
> otherwise.  Open for suggestions...

Al, that error indicates no SNMP response from the device. Is the device
configured for SNMP and are you querying the correct OID? Does snmpwalk
work?

Andi L. Bigelow
Dyncorp EOS - Network Engineering Group
bigelowa{at}sec{dot}gov
(202) 942-4368

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -- Braveheart