[mrtg] Re: newbie help needed

Tim Sheets TSheets at illinois.net
Mon Jun 7 14:42:47 MEST 2004

Paul,

Since you are new to MRTG, I think it best to point out what is happening with your .cfg, rather than take for granted you understand it.  In other words, I'm not trying to offend you. :-)

First, the target lines are calling external scripts and passing parameters.  Are the scripts there with correct permissions?  pathing??  You may also want to try to do the clean-up on the data within the script and return only the data in the correct format.  I myself have never used the external interface, so this is just a suggestion.

As for the first error....that one looks more serious.  Are you sure you installed MRTG correctly?  Don't really know where to point you with that one, other than searching the archives.

Good Luck,

Tim