[mrtg] Re: can't get traffice from sub-interface of router

Stefano Giraldo stefano at neotokyo3.it
Wed Jun 9 05:16:53 MEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ziemba" <dziemba at ColoradoCollege.edu>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 4:24 PM
Subject: [mrtg] Re: can't get traffice from sub-interface of router

> We are monitoring an atm interface on a subinterface aal5-layer, looks
> like a similar setup anyway:

https://openfire.coloradocollege.edu/cgi-bin/routers2.cgi?uopts=t&rtr=loo_7206.cfg

Hi Dave,
on your monitoring page there's a CAT4912, but you don't have a sub int
on this device. So I tryed to get stats of a Gigabit sub interface (like
Gi2.1)
but when i run cfgmaker the sub interface doesn't appear with the fisical
interfaces. I can't undestand if it's a problem of MRTG or it's a simple
OID problem, because on real router like my GW (a 7206VXR NPE-400)
I haven't problem, all fisical and sub interfaces are listed in config file
without
problem. Did you (or someone else) get the same problem?
On Cisco there is the "SNMP Navigator", there are all the OID and MIBs
to get everything from Cisco devices, but it's a real mess to use! :(

Thank's!

        Ste.