[mrtg] Re: Cisco MSFC VLANs

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Jun 9 16:41:57 MEST 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> I would guess that this question has been asked before, but has anyone
> successfully monitored the traffic through a Cisco MSFC VLAN Interface on a
> 6500 switch?  If so, can you please tell me how you did it.  I seem to be
> not getting the write amount of traffic going through my MSFCs

Most likely, you're getting the right amount of traffic that's going
THROUGH your MSFC.  Unfortunately, because the MSFC populates the
forwarding logic on the switching modules, a large portion of your
traffic never goes through the MSFC.

You'll need to monitor the physical ports for "accurate" statistics.

pt