[mrtg] Re: Disk Space Utilization Charts

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Wed Jun 9 17:13:52 MEST 2004

We use MRTG to monitor disk space on a bunch of servers.
Some have SNMP OIDs that return the necessary data, and
a few others we write scripts to ssh into the boxes and
pull out the data via CLI.

The only problem that we have is that MRTG does not seem
to properly handle data over 2GB.  The graphs are ok, but
they will not show the unscaled data.

But that is not really a problem, since we use the alarm
functions of MRTG to send email alerts when we lack space.

Thanks,
Scott Moseman