[mrtg] Re: Disk Space Utilization Charts

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 10 00:07:02 MEST 2004

>Does anybody use MRTG to create good Disk Space Utilization on
>Disk Space
>Free or Disk Space Used....any recommendations are good charts for
>management?
Here is the example web site showing a Windows server being monitored for
free disk space (there are examples there for UNIX servers also).

http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?rtr=hosts%2Fbofh.cfg&if=bofh
-disk-cd&xgtype=d

There is also a link there to show you the corresponding .cfg file that was
used to collect and show the data.

The Windows server data was collected using the pNSclient agent, the UNIX
server was done using the NRPE agent.  routers.cgi comes with scripts to
allow you to query them both in MRTG format.

You can also monitor via SNMP and display in a similar way.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes