[mrtg] VPN-traffic on Cisco-Router

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Mon Jun 14 10:58:51 MEST 2004

Hi,

Maybe this is an FAQ, but I didn't find any answers to my problem in
the FAQ:

I've got several site2site VPNs (IPSec) terminated on one router. For
these VPN-connections I'd like to monitor traffic in/out that runs via
these VPN-connections.

Since all connections terminate on the same (ethernet) interface,
getting counters for the ethernet-IF only gives the total traffic for
all VPN-connections. What I'd like to have though is the traffic for
every connection separately.

Has anybody else already got this up & running? What are the
SNMP-variables to query? (I've got a cisco 2611XM).

TIA for your help,
-ewald