[mrtg] Re: please help - Re: Re: Monitor CRC & Framing Errors

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Thu Jun 17 17:08:04 MEST 2004

hdevito at qwest.net wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> I'm still struggling with this.  I found the right OID's after contacting
> Cisco, seems Cisco changed the OID's for the version of IOS I am running,
>
> I can poll the routers with snmpwalk or snmpget and get the correct results.
>
> I'm running MRTG on a RH9 box and I'm not sure what the MRTG config file
> should look like to see the amount CRC errors collected by MRTG polling at
> the times on the graph.  MRTG logs show the right figures but I do not see
> anything on the graph.  I am polling every 5 minutes, everything is default
> on MRTG.
~snip~

Why not just use this?

Target[blah]: ifInErrors.1&ifOutErrors.1:comm at a.b.c.e

The only problem is that it gets ALL the errors, no matter what type.
But I think it will do what you want. If you're truly trying to track
how many framing errors vs CRC errors, then maybe you should spend more
time trying to fix the errors than to chart them. Just my humble opinion
of course.

Eric Brander