[mrtg] Re: Backplane Utilization again

Bigelow, Andrea L. BigelowA at SEC.GOV
Wed Jun 23 23:03:54 MEST 2004

> Does the traffic ever reach the backplane?
>
> For instance: One port in on a module, other port on same module out?

It does, actually, because the users are all coming into the switch on
modules 2 and 3 on the ports in question and going on on either 4, 5, or 9;
in fact, the bulk of the traffic should be 2 or 3 -> 9. I'm dealing with a
6509 with two 16-port GBIC 1000 cards, two 10/100 48-port cards, and one
10/100/1000 card (module 9). The GBIC 1000's go to the user switches, and
the other three cards deal with stuff local to the switch in question.

Does this help at all?

Andi