[mrtg] Re: MRTG log dates

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 18:50:18 MET 2004

>> What were you expecting?
>
> What's confusing me is that the latest entries have been off by a few
> seconds.  The last datestamp in the example above is 1078420204
> (2004-03-04 11:10:04).  Why is it 4 seconds past 11:10?
Because that's approx 300 secs (the polling interval) after the previous
entry.
Exact delay will depend on response time of the SNMP call, the CPU load,
the accuracy of your machine's clock etc etc.
It may wander, but who cares? So long as it measures at roughly regular
intervals (and uses that interval in its calculation) the graph will be
right.

Peter