[mrtg] Re: MRTG History...or Interactive MRTG revisited

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 4 20:08:43 MET 2004

>PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>[snip]
>
>See that, you learn something new every day.
>Does adjusting the 5 minute RRA increase the size of the RRD? If so, it
>might be prohibitive for me to try this approach.
>Where can I read more on this, is it in the RRDTool docs, or does the
>cfgmaker manual go into detail?
>
>Garry W. Cook, CCNA

Garry,

Yes, changing this makes the RRD grow from about 94k to about 3.7 mb.
There's nothing specifically in the manual about it, but if you look in
the mrtg collector right around where the actual RRD is created, adjust
the 5 minute RRA to have as many rows as you want, not just the
default of whatever it is (I think 288).

Paul