[mrtg] Re: Sorting by port name

William Owen William.Owen at ProfilesInternational.com
Thu Mar 11 20:48:45 MET 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Deb.Brackman at crown.com [mailto:Deb.Brackman at crown.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 1:27 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Sorting by port name

----- Forwarded by Deb Brackman/Support/IS/CrownNotes on 03/11/2004 02:26
PM -----

Deb Brackman
03/11/2004 02:26 PM

<        To:     "Eric Brander" <Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com>
<        cc:
<        Subject:        Re: [mrtg] Re: Sorting by port name
<
<I have an index file in html format of a Cisco 6509 switch....is there a
<way I can sort this by port name.  My boss's need to view the utilization
<of the ports but would like to find certain production boxes on the
<fly....to scan thru a million ports in a reasonable fashionable way is a
<bit cumbersome....any ideas.

<see the example...

<I manually add the description.....I would like them in a numberical order
<or something.

You can use the 14all.cgi and the Directory[_]: ____ to break to break up
your ports.  This arrangement will give you an index page at
14all.cgi?cfg=your.cfg that has all of the different directories listed
there.  Once you click on it you are directed to
14all.cgi?dir=directory&cfg=your.cfg which contains a summary for all
targets with the detailed reports under that.

For an example, you can check my test setup:
http://www.williamowen.net/cgi-bin/14all.cgi?cfg=mrtg.cfg

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: image/gif