[mrtg] Re: Sorting by port name

Bigelow, Andrea L. BigelowA at SEC.GOV
Thu Mar 11 20:29:44 MET 2004

> I have an index file in html format of a Cisco 6509
> switch....is there a
> way I can sort this by port name.  My boss's need to view the
> utilization
> of the ports but would like to find certain production boxes on the
> fly....to scan thru a million ports in a reasonable
> fashionable way is a
> bit cumbersome....any ideas.

I use routers2 and update routers2.conf to define that sort of thing. Also,
I don't use one master config file for all devices, I use a separate file
for each device. It takes a fairly significant performance hit, but I can
pick out one device to play with without affect the others and it appears on
the MRTG page in nice and prettified format.

Andi L. Bigelow
Dyncorp EOS - Network Engineering Group
United States Securities and Exchange Commission
bigelowa{at}sec{dot}gov
(202) 942-4368

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives." -- Braveheart