[mrtg] Problem with multi target syntax

Guillermo Hechem yrch at ciudad.com.ar
Fri Mar 12 18:41:02 MET 2004

Hi,

I´m having a problem trying to do the following:

I´m monitoring an access server´s traffic using the command
Target[hipertraff]: if:snmpcommnunity at ipaddress
The value measured here is accumulated.

Additionally, I´m the amount of users connected to that access server with:
Target[hiperconn]: oid1&oid2:snmpcommunity at ipaddress  (oid2 returns zero,
this works fine!)
Options[hiperconn]:gauge
The value measured here is absolute.

So far, everythings fine. I have two graphs, one showing the traffic in
bytes, the other showing the users connected.
Now I´d like to build another graph that shows the amount of traffic per
user, so I tried:
Target[hiperprom]: if:snmpcommnunity at ipaddress /
oid1&oid2:snmpcommunity at ipaddress

This last command, however, is not working properly. It shows a graph, but
the values are higher that expected.
Thanks,

Guillermo