[mrtg] Re: bug? scale shows k for graph in M

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Mar 14 23:58:27 MET 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 04:30:40PM -0600, Pete Templin wrote:
> I've got a target that's showing a scale of 1.1k/2.2k/3.3k/4.4k but the
> current value is 3971.0 kb/s.  Any idea if this is a bug or an oops on
> my part somewhere?

> Options[burst.4]: growright, gauge, bits

> Here's the current output of the target:

> tcsh> /home/http/mrtg/burstable/burst rs-hstn/hstn-01.et.14.14.1
> 508288
> 508288
> 0
> rs-hstn/hstn-01.et.14.14.1

508288 is the rate (because of gauge).  This is displayed in bits so
it becomes 4066304 which is 4066k.

> The graph is showing the 1.1k/2.2k/3.3k/4.4k on the left side of the
> graph next to "Usage".

Maybe the current number is not yet shown on the graph.  If that's
true, you should notice your Y-axis has changed by now.

I think MRTG displays the previous interval on the right hand side
and prints the really current interval as current.  This means your
numbers are 5 minutes ahead of the graph.

Let the list know if this is correct.

HTH
Alex
--