[mrtg] Re: bug? scale shows k for graph in M

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Mar 15 03:19:45 MET 2004

Pete Templin wrote:

> The Y-axis is still showing 1.1k/2.2k/3.3k/4.4k on the left, as the
> scale references. This target is a 95th percentile 30-day usage trend,
> so it's normally very slow to change, but has shifted up to 3981k by now
> (with the same axis).  I think one of this customer's servers has been
> rooted or otherwise hacked, as they're sending us (we're their ISP)
> about 7.2Mbps to give to the Internet on a Sunday afternoon.  I'm
> expecting (and hoping) the level to shoot up a lot in about 6-12 hours,
> so that'll help shift the numbers around a bit.

As I expected, the current value has grown a bit already, to 4162kbps.
The daily graph (max 4162k) and weekly graph (max 4162) have now begun
displaying a scale of 1.1M/2.2M/3.3M/4.4M, but the monthly graph (max
4003) and yearly graph (max 4003) have apparently not redrawn yet, and
still show a scale of 1.1k/2.2k/3.3k/4.4k.

pt