[mrtg] Cisco 3550/VLAN

caleb at intruix.net caleb at intruix.net
Fri Mar 19 21:30:38 MET 2004

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but from the posts I've seen, no
one seemed to really answer the question. We're running a Cisco 3550 Catalyst,
and I'm trying to monitor throughput of a given VLAN. The only thing that I'm
able to do right now is produce MRTG reports on VLAN showing extremely small
traffic -- as in 100 or below bits per second. (not kilobit -- BIT) This is
impossible as the actual port on the switch itself reports 600kbps. But the
VLAN attached to a given switchport doesn't seem to report that traffic.

I even tried changing MRTG to reference the switch's IP of a given VLAN's IP
block -- still, no go.

This is starting to drive me nuts.

Anyone run into this, or have any suggestions?!

Thanks!

-Caleb
Intruix Tech, Inc.