[mrtg] Re: Migration rateup->rrdtool [Virus checked]

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Mon Mar 22 18:04:04 MET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <Frank.Friedhof at sparkasse-lemgo.de>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 4:45 AM
Subject: [mrtg] Migration rateup->rrdtool [Virus checked]

Hey Folks,

i just installed rrdtoo and it works so far. I got the rrd Files for
each
Target. And for frontend i use 14all.cgi.

When i call the .cgi in my Webbrowser i got the graphs but some
graphs with
wicked data ... Some values are negative and the graphs are not the
same as
i got from rateup.

Are there some Options left i have to setup or so?

Regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sparkasse Lemgo
Ausbildung
Frank Friedhof

----

It often takes some time for all the graps to be properly generated.
Up to a day just for the yearly one I think.  However, I've often
seen the conversion from .log to rrd give a bogus reading as the
last 1 or 2 lines which I've had to manually edit out.  If that's
your problem, you may have to manually clean those spikes out. (I
hope you have only a small number of interfaces that this has
happened to, as I don't know how to automate this).

Good luck,

Eric Brander
Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb dot com