[mrtg] Re: Migration rateup->rrdtool [Virus checked]

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 22 21:39:01 MET 2004

>i just installed rrdtoo and it works so far. I got the rrd
>Files for each Target. And for frontend i use 14all.cgi.
>
>When i call the .cgi in my Webbrowser i got the graphs but
>some graphs with wicked data ... Some values are negative and
>the graphs are not the same as i got from rateup.
When you converted your .log files to .rrd files, did you use an *OLD*
version of RRDTOOL?  There is a known bug in newer (windows-based?) versions
of rrdtool that causes the data to get corrupted (spikes, negative values)
when you do an import.  I think the problem is in 1.0.33 and later...

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes