[mrtg] monitoring bandwidth per protocol

Victor Souza Menezes victor at tre-pb.gov.br
Wed Mar 24 22:31:08 MET 2004

Hi all,

I'm running mrtg-2.10.13 on a Red Hat 9 system to monitor a router of my network
and it works fine.

If i want to monitor, for example, the traffic on my network per protocol , i
mean, TCP, X11, HTTP, ARP, POP, etc, what should i do??. I want to configure
mrtg to monitor my firewall and i have some doubts:

->Despite having the snmp agent running, do i have to make some modifications in
the snmpd.conf file??

if someone have already done this before, please give me an example of your
conf file. And if you know too the name of a good mib browser for linux,
please tell me.

regards victor