[mrtg] A noobie Question!!

Tony Stevenson tony at pc-tony.com
Mon Mar 29 02:55:39 MEST 2004

Hi All,

As the subject kinda suggests I am new to MRTG (although have enjoyed the
graphs for years) - This is the first time that I have installed and
configured it.

I have what I think is probably a simple solution, but I cannot find an
answer.

Problem:

I cannot get MRTG to run with Multiple CFG files.  I want to use multiple
CFG files, for a few reasons.

Firstly I will be monitoring in excess of 5000 routers, and would like to
categorise them. Also MRTG will be running on a 8 Processor box, and would
like to run separate processes on a few CPU's.

A 5000 router CFG file is rather large and takes bloody long time to
process.

What I want to do is have a single script that is executed via CRON, (or Run
as a Daemon if that is better. comments???) this script will run through all
these separate CFG files.

At the moment the file looks like the one below, just a lot longer ;-)

/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /home/mrtg/cfg/10.0.0.1.cfg

/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /home/mrtg/cfg/10.0.0.1.cfg