[mrtg] Re: [Q] MRTG on span port

Tim Sheets TSheets at illinois.net
Tue Mar 30 14:45:09 MEST 2004

Normally, MRTG will not gather information on a port that is operationally or administratively down.

I believe there is a no-oper-down switch (or similar) that you can use to tell it not to pay attention to the operational status of ports.  Otherwise, you can manually remove the comments from the .cfg you built and see if that works.

One other idea is to turn off keepalives for that port (works on 10/100baseT, never tried on gig anything).

Good Luck,

Tim