[mrtg] Re: configure mrtg for a 1000M network router

Michael Earls Michael.Earls at cchmc.org
Wed May 12 20:36:09 MEST 2004

This is a start on 64 bit router

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-reference.html

SNMPv2c
    If you have a fast router you might want to try to poll the ifHC* counters. This feature gets activated by switching to SNMPv2c. Unfortunately not all devices support SNMPv2c yet. If it works, this will prevent your counters from wraping within the 5 minute polling interval, since we now use 64 bit instead of the normal 32 bit.

    Example:

 Target[ezwf]: 2:public at router1:::::2

michael

>>> "George Lin" <george_mrtg at hotmail.com> 5/12/2004 1:37:41 PM >>>
It is very kind of you to reply so quickly, Alex buddy!

Can you introduce me some materials dealing with how to enable mrtg using
64-bit counter mechanism? I have no such experience before. Better step by
step document just like the installation guide of mrtg.

Best regards,
George