[mrtg] Newbie Question

Bobby Hitt Bob.Hitt at bscnet.com
Thu May 13 13:40:25 MEST 2004

Howdy,

First of all, this is a great tool! Now, the questions:

- I've been running mrtg on my web server for the last 24 hours, running
snmpd on the same. Currently the Daily chart shows a Max Out of 38.0 kB/s,
while the Weekly chart only shows 12.7kB/s. Shouldn't each chart reflect the
highest transfer rates of the lower charts?

- Secondly, is the traffic that is reported by the snmpd daemon the traffic
that actually passes thru the host, or is it reporting traffic on the
interface? In other words, if I had five hosts all running snmp on the same
network, would the numbers be identical for all five hosts, or would they
show the traffic thru the interface?

http://www.bscnet.com/mrtg/mail.bscnet.com_2.html

TIA,

Bobby