[mrtg] Mrtg daemon dying

Micha Silver Micha at arava.co.il
Mon May 17 17:17:43 MEST 2004

I am running mrtg on a Fedora Core server monitoring both a cisco router and
another Linux box that serves as a router. Mrtg(version mrtg-2.10.5) runs in
daemon mode.

Sometimes we lose the connection to the remote linux router (due to power
outages or network problems). When this happens, it seems that the mrtg
daemon dies. After the remote connection is restored, I restart mrtg and all
is well again, but that's a bit of a pain...

Is there any config option to tell mrtg to ignore the router that it can't
connect to?

TIA,
Micha