[mrtg] Re: cpu and memory utilization using cfgmaker

Anson Rinesmith arinesmith at bigrivertelephone.com
Thu Nov 4 15:24:26 MET 2004

> I want to monitor the cpu and memory utilization as well. I used cfgmaker
> before can it be used to create config file for the other two things i
> acquire as well.

It would be best to just add the graph you want to your current .cfg file,
and use indexmaker to make you a new HTML page.
Here is a BAREBONES sample, of what you might do to get cpu.

#Processor Utilization Monitoring
 Target[router.cpu]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0:public at router
 RouterUptime[router.cpu]: public at router
 MaxBytes[router.cpu]: 100
 Title[router.cpu]: Router Processor Utilization on Router
 PageTop[router.cpu]: <H1>Processor Utilization for Cisco Router</H1>
 Unscaled[.cpu]: ymwd
 ShortLegend[router.cpu]: %
 Options[router.cpu]: gauge

One for memory would look similar, with a different OID in the Target (
don't know what it is for Memory.