[mrtg] Re: graph to set 1 minute

jon.hartman at verizon.com jon.hartman at verizon.com
Mon Nov 8 23:03:59 MET 2004

Here's the part that's kind of a bust... Unless you've migrated all the
steps at once, you can still end up polling every minute, but keeping data
every five. I migrated to rrdtool, THEN lowered my polling interval. This
proved to be a mistake, as all my rrd's converted from legacy .log files
are still storing data at 5 minute intervals. Any new ones work fine, but
for now, I'm stuck. You can verify your interval as follows:

[root at pentagon logs]# rrdtool dump dfwacemsn1_virt4.rrd > /tmp/tmp
[root at pentagon logs]# grep step /tmp/tmp
        <step> 300 </step> <!-- Seconds -->

As you can see, my value is still set to 300, whereas when I do this with
a new one, it reflects the proper 60 seconds. There may be an easy way to
migrate, I just don't know what it is.