[mrtg] graphing STRING: values that are actually integers?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Tue Nov 9 01:38:32 MET 2004

Hi,

I'm using net-snmp's extension to run a shell script that returns a
number.  In theory, it seems that this should work just fine.  In
practice, the numbers shown in the graph bear no resemblance to the
numbers that the script generates.

In perusing the code, it seems that net-snmp always calls these values
strings.  Everything else I graph with MRTG is an integer, so that
raises my suspicions.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, using mrtg and net-snmp?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
   "I'm sorry, but 'Social Darwinism' is no excuse for killing all of