[mrtg] RRDTOOL

Phil Tuttiett Phil.Tuttiett at computerland.co.nz
Tue Nov 16 02:59:48 MET 2004

Hi,
	I'm in the stages of changing my MTRG Windows implementation to
use RRDTOOL, and have come across a couple of snags...

I've been using PINGPROBE to monitor round trip times and packet loss to
various devices on the WAN with regular MRTG. I'm using the threshold
checking to report (via email) when a device has > 50% packet loss. When
I try to run the same config (with RRDTOOL mods) I get
	WARNING: can't do theshold checking for target device1_loss(i)
-- No valid current data
on the packet loss probe.

Anyone else come across this, and is there any way I can configure it to
report thresholds?

Phil Tuttiett
Computerland Palmerston North
New Zealand