[mrtg] Threshold Description and ThreshProgOKI

Marcus Senna marcus_senna at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 17 16:00:05 MET 2004

Hello,

I am using Threshold Checking scripts, but I am
getting a strange behavior with the ThreshProgOKI. It
seems that the mrtg script is not using the THRESHDESC
variable when executing the script, but only with the
OK script. When the value exceeds the threshold, the
script is executed, and an email message (with the
description included) is sent to me. But when the
value gets back to a "normal" situation, the
THRESHDESC is left blank (I am using the same script
to deal with both situations, and there is nothing
wrong with it).

Has anybody experienced this? Is it supposed to work
that way?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus.