[mrtg] Re: Collect and Graph more than two OIDs

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 18 20:56:40 MET 2004

Alex wrote:
>For instance:
>Target[foo]: 1:public at router
>Target[bar]: 2:public at router
>could result in DS:foo_i  DS:foo_o  DS:bar_i  DS:bar_o
RRD files generated by MRTG always have 2 DSs -- ds0 (the inbound) and ds1
(outbound).

They also have 8 RRAs, corresponding to daily, weekly, monthly and yearly in
MAX and AVERAGE.  Assuming you have a 5-min interval, these are set as 1, 6,
24, and 288 data points respectively.  The RRA lengths vary but are normally
about 400 or so.  Do an rrdtool dump of a RRD file for the gory details.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes