[mrtg] Re: Collect and Graph more than two OIDs

Kamran Siddiqui/NYLIC Kamran_Siddiqui at newyorklife.com
Thu Nov 18 22:11:06 MET 2004

Thanks everyone for the help, specially Steve. I was able to get
Routers2.cgi front-end to produce graph for more than two counters. I could
have made the graph by just using RRDTool but since I am already using this
front end for displaying other graphs it made sense to spend the time to
get it to work.

Kamran

|         |           Alex van den     |
|         |           Bogaerdt         |
|         |           <alex at ergens.op.h|
|         |           et.net>          |
|         |           mrtg-bounce at list.|
|         |           ee.ethz.ch       |
|         |           11/18/2004 09:23 |
  |       To:       mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch                                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [mrtg] Re: Collect and Graph more than two OIDs                                                              |

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 08:41:36AM -0500, Kamran Siddiqui/NYLIC wrote:

> I am using RRDTool. Plotting is not too much of an issue its the
> storing/collecting more than two variables in a .rrd. Perhaps this should
> be a feature request to the next MRTG version.
> I will be experimenting with creating a separate rrd file for each cpu
and
> then using routers2.cgi front end to graph the four counters into one
> chart. Lets see how that goes. But I do like to know how others achieve
the
> same.

I combine data from more rrd files with no problems.  I am not using
routers2.cgi to do this; so if it fails for you, you need to have a
look at that program.

MRTG has, as far as I know, two hardcoded datasources.  If you want to
write a patch for MRTG I suggest you do something with the target name.

For instance:

Target[foo]: 1:public at router
Target[bar]: 2:public at router

could result in DS:foo_i  DS:foo_o  DS:bar_i  DS:bar_o

HTH
Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim