[mrtg] Re: MRTG Help !...

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Oct 5 16:53:25 MEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:31:55AM -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> >  Our link capacity is 1,5 Mb but MRTG results are as shown below. I
> >couldn't understand what is wrong. Any idea?
> >

> What exactly where you hoping for?  It looks like 137,000 bytes per
> second
> is roughly 10 percent of a 1,500,000 bytes per second link?

It probably is a 1.5 Mbps link (not 1.5 MBps).  Then again, that
would be 185.5 kBps which is still more than 137.5 kBps.

> Other than not doing enough surfing to fill up than line, where is the
> problem?

Perhaps some form of traffic shaping is used as well.  If so, it is
probably set to 768 kbps.  Try graphing the peaks as well.

If my guesses are correct, then this is the answer:
You're using the wrong product, that's what is wrong.

cheers,
Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim