[mrtg] MRTG and ISA server

rglauser at areaofficeonaging.com rglauser at areaofficeonaging.com
Tue Oct 5 22:45:32 MEST 2004

I am having a problem setting up MRTG on ISA server 2000. I can use
Getif 2.3.1 and  it will show that the isa server is reachable via SNMP.
Yet when I try a MIBwalker such as SolarWinds it returns the error
message that "172.18.1.8 does not respond to SNMP queries using
XXXXXXXX." I have checked and the server is running SNMP as a service
and I am trying to reach it internally from the same network segment. I
know what the community name is because Getif does return some data when
I use it to walk the server.