[mrtg] Re: measuring NTP hits and/or traffic?

Evert Meulie evert at meulie.net
Mon Oct 11 23:29:16 MEST 2004

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:54:44AM +0200, Evert Meulie wrote:
>

>>I have a (non-dedicated) NTP server currently, and I would like to
>>measure the use of it. Is it possible with MRTG to monitor either the
>>number of connections to it, or to measure the mount of traffic NTP
>>generates?
>

> Yes, it is.
>
> And just so that you don't have to ask the next question, here's the answer:
>
> You have to find out how to get numbers from the server.  Once you have
> these numbers, MRTG will graph them.
>
> Please see the various FAQs, the mailing list archives and google.

Hmm, I have Googled & searched the mailing list archive in Gmane, but
have NOT been able to find details on how to measure connections or
traffic generated, just on time offset.

Can you (or someone else) give me more info on how to accomplish the
connections/traffic monitoring of a NTP server?

Thanks in advance!  :-)

Regards,
    Evert