[mrtg] Re: HELP - MRTG not reading the T1 Interface of an Ascend Pipeline 130

Travis Rabe trabe at davdgrp.com
Wed Oct 13 17:11:31 MEST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch]On
Behalf Of Alex van den Bogaerdt
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 7:53 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: HELP - MRTG not reading the T1 Interface of an Ascend
Pipeline 130

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:37:48AM -0700, Travis Rabe wrote:

> 17channels = 1.0936Mbs.  If I convert that I get:
>
> 1.0936 megabits
> bits  1146722.7136
> bytes 143340.3392
> kilobits      1119.8464
> kilobytes     139.9808
> megabits      1.0936
> megabytes     0.1367
> gigabits      0.00106796875
> gigabytes     0.00013349609375

giga = 1000 mega, mega = 1000 kilo, kilo = 1000.

Forget about 1024. Using 1000 has the added benefit of being
able to just shift the decimal point ...

>                                                               *BUT* it
also
> tells me that my T1 interface has a max speed of 7000bytes/second, but
that
> is WAY OFF.

cfgmaker uses what is reported by the device.  Perhaps it does report
another number on the cmdline but it is SNMP what counts.

You can edit the config file by hand if you like, or fix the device.
How can I edit the config file to make it poll the data correctly from the
Ascend's?  I can see where to change the maxspeed and what not, but it is
still graphing data for what seems to be one channel.

Travis

HTH
Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim