[mrtg] Re: CISCO GSR card memory

Stefano Giraldo stefano at neotokyo3.it
Fri Oct 15 08:05:16 MEST 2004

Hi Pavel,
I'm not completely sure but I think is not possible
to "attach" to a line card for SNMP.
If you type attach <#_of_line_card> on router console
on 12000 or 7500 series router you are virtually connecting
to another router, and this could be impossible for SNMP,
because who answer to the SNMP query is the GRP that
is the main route processor of the router and not the single
line cards. I repeat I'm not sure of this but is the logically
way dued to the method to access system informations
of line cards.

Bye,

        Ste.