[mrtg] Re: bits per second to Mega Bytes per second

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Wed Oct 27 20:11:13 MEST 2004

I want to also point out that MRTG automatically converts to Kilo, Mega,
Giga, etc.  In the subject of your message (as it was pointed out by
another poster) you specifically asked about Mega Bytes per second.
Well, you're on the right start by reverting to Bytes instead of Bits,
but the part where Mega is inserted is done my MRTG and we have little
(almost NO) control over when and how its done.

Yes, there is the KMG parameter, but that just changes which prefix is
placed when the calculation is done. It does NOT change what its
calculated to OR even if you want it calculated or not.

Eric Brander