[mrtg] Re: A Philosophical / Procedural Question

Jeff Cook Jeff.Cook at wecu.com
Wed Oct 27 21:37:10 MEST 2004

If you don't see a similar but opposite spike on another system, then I
would look to see if it was caused by a counter reset.  If it is real
traffic then it needs to ether go somewhere or come from somewhere.  If
you get a spike on only one interface of a switch, then there is an
issue.

* It could be mis-reporting the spike.
* The switch could be dropping the traffic.