[mrtg] Re: bits per second to Mega Bytes per second

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Oct 28 12:01:13 MEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:11:13PM -0500, Eric Brander wrote:

> Yes, there is the KMG parameter, but that just changes which prefix is
> placed when the calculation is done. It does NOT change what its
> calculated to OR even if you want it calculated or not.

Normally, MRTG keeps <number> per second, such as <bytes> per second.
With kMG, you can change this.  Effectively you are telling MRTG the
numbers are 1000 times as large (as an example).

The OP needs the opposite.  He wants to log megabytes and needs to
convert the input into megabytes.  Dividing by 1,000,000 will do
the trick.

kMG is not used in that case.  He will be logging <megabytes> per second.

Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim