[mrtg] Using filters to compare src and dst addresses at the same time

Adam Dale adale at accessproviders.com.au
Thu Sep 2 02:01:34 MEST 2004

Hello All,

I've been tinkering with the flow-report, stat.cfg and filter.cfg

to create a Netflow system that only tracks internet

traffic. On our network we have multiple address ranges

that are tracked by the Netflow collector. Currently we are

tracking traffic by the dst address and filtering the traffic

to ip's on our network which in turn gives us the download

statistics.

However my intention is to eliminate the tracking of on-net

Flows by comparing the following

If the DST and SRC are on-net then deny.

Any thoughts on how I can manipulate filters.cfg to do this?

P.S. I know it would be really simple to change our network

so that on net traffic does not flow through the main (Netflow) core

router but at this stage it is not an option :-(

Any thoughts would be well appreciated!

Adam Dale - Systems Support Engineer