[mrtg] cfgmaker and HSRP

Mordechai T. Abzug morty at frakir.org
Fri Sep 10 04:59:57 MEST 2004

Is there any way to get MRTG's cfgmaker to skip HSRP IPs in Cisco
routers when run with --ifref=ip?  When I run cfgmaker with
--ifref=ip, cfgmaker sometimes uses the "real" IP, sometimes the HSRP
IP.  I'd like it to always use the "real" IP.

Ciscos store HSRP addresses in:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.106.1.2.1.1.11

I've poked around some in the code, and it looks non-trivial -- in
particular, it seems like the real problem is in MRTG_lib.pm.
MRTG_lib.pm's storeincache assumes that if there is a duplicate to
keep the first and label latter entries as "DUP", when in fact a
latter one is "preferred" if HSRP entries are present.  Fixing it
would require moving this decision out of cfgmaker and into
MRTG_lib.pm.

Comments?  Is anyone else doing HSRP with cfgmaker?

- Morty