[mrtg] Re: mrtg and CIPE

Britt Tabor Britt_Tabor at Jabil.com
Fri Sep 10 20:18:16 MEST 2004

What do you see when you do a get or walk on the SNMP tree for the CIPE
entries? Do you know how to do that?

Britt Tabor
I.T. Infrastructure Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Nuss [mailto:nmx at fromtheshadows.net]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 2:03 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] mrtg and CIPE

Has anyone had any luck using mrtg to monitor traffic over CIPE
tunnels?  I'm using Linux boxes as the endpoints, running snmpd.  When I
run cfgmaker, it detects the active tunnels but reports that they are
operationally down and have a speed of zero. I'm not too experienced
with snmp (or mrtg for that matter) so I can't figure out what to do.
I'm not having any trouble monitoring the standard Ethernet interfaces.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Nuss