[mrtg] Re: mrtg and CIPE

Michael Nuss nmx at fromtheshadows.net
Fri Sep 10 22:57:02 MEST 2004

I'm still learning SNMP... I know how to initiate an snmpwalk but don't
know how to specify those interfaces, or exactly what I'm looking for.
For what it's worth, if I do:

$ snmpwalk -v 1 vpn -c public ifOperStatus

I get:

IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.2 = INTEGER: down(2)
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.3 = INTEGER: up(1)
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.4 = INTEGER: down(2)
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.5 = INTEGER: down(2)
IF-MIB::ifOperStatus.6 = INTEGER: down(2)

4, 5, and 6 are the cipe CIPE interfaces. 1 is loopback, 3 is eth1 and 2
is eth0, which we aren't using.

Mike Nuss